Today we will be counting down the top 10 most profitable animals in Stardew Valley. With a variety of animals to choose from, various goods to create and sell for all of your spending needs, and endless bouts of time on how to turn a mighty profit, this list aims to provide a way for all of you wonderful gamers out there to get an idea of where to start. With that being said, let's jump right into our Stardew Valley top 10 countdown. It's for the greater good.
The essential farm animal.
Though she may be about as beginner as you can get, do not doubt the power and glory of the chicken. With a fantastic starting value of 95g per large egg produced and a quick production time of 1 egg a day, you're sure to rack up the cash you need faster than ever with this simple product. The additional option of creating mayonnaise at an even higher starting price of 190g makes this animal the best way to start your adventures in animal caretaking, extra profit being the kicker to a truly great animal.
Why Chickens Are Profitable?
- Great for beginners- Easy to make money early on in-game since they are one of the first animals you unlock. With a cheap price of 800g to buy, you are able to quickly make that extra bit of money you need.
- Different ways to make money- With multiple ways to make an income from differing egg sizes to the creation of mayo with a mayonnaise machine, you're sure to turn quite the profit with this animal.
- Base value of 95g for a large egg- With a relatively high base price you will have the option to make plenty of dishes to sell for more, create mayo, or sell as is for great profit.
How To Make Money With Chickens?
- Sell Small egg for 50g base value.
- Sell large eggs for 95g base value.
- Create mayonnaise with eggs to sell for 190g base value.
- Sell max heart chicken for 1,040g.
The majestic duck!
Ducks in Stardew Valley operate much the same way as chickens. We’ve been through this process before; we already know the base value of the egg is 95g; we know we can create mayonnaise, but for how much extra? At a base value of 375g for mayonnaise from a duck egg, it's hard to deny the benefits of such a creature. Thankfully for us, the money doesn't stop here. At large friendship levels, your duck may begin dropping duck feathers, allowing for a new profit of 250g on its base value. This high-selling animal is great for anyone looking for a variety of ways to get that extra cash flow.
Why Are Ducks Profitable?
- Base value eggs at 95g- While the same as our number one spot, the eggs continue to create a fantastic way to create a large profit selling as is with enough time and patience.
- Duck Feathers- Duck feathers offer a large sum of money, selling for a base price of 250g at base value. With enough of these sold you are sure to create quite the small fortune.
- Low selling price- At only 1,200g, this animal is a cost efficient way to buy and sell the goods of animals and create a small fortune in the process.
How To Make Money With Ducks?
- Sell duck eggs for 95g base value.
- Sell duck feathers for 250g base value.
- Sell duck egg mayonnaise for 375g base value.
- Sell duck at max hearts for 1,560g.
The perfect animal for every farm.
Another excellent beginner animal that will make you a lot of money in the long run. She's simple yet beautiful, efficient, and a moneymaker all in all. With a milk base value of 190g for large milk and the ability to create and sell cheese for an extra 230g, this animal is sure to make you loads of money in the long run. As an added bonus, cows have the ability to breed, creating more animals and more opportunities to grow the profit on your farm. You simply cannot go wrong with a starter cow in your barn.
Why Are Cows Profitable?
- Beginner friendly- This is another animal that becomes available very early on in the game, allowing for quick access and easy ways to make some extra cash for beginners.
- Multiple options for profit- With different ways to make profit such as selling milk as is, creating cheese, or selling the animal itself, you as the player have many options to make money from cows.
- More cows, more profit- Cows have the ability to get pregnant, giving you the players more cows to work with. With more cows for no price you will have the ability to produce more milk, cheese, and all the necessary items to make your farm thrive.
How To Make Money With Cows?
- Sell milk at a base value of 190g for large milk.
- Create and sell cheese for a base value of 230g.
- Sell max heart cow for 1,950g.
A moneymaker through and through.
If you're looking for the next step in your farm handling career, look no further. The goat is a fantastic way to quickly amp up the speed on your farm and turn a new leaf into money-making goodness. With a goat milk base value of 345g, the ability to make goat cheese for 400g, and the animals' ability to procreate, this is a sure-fire way to keep your farm up and thriving. Get some new animal companions today and become a better farmer in the process.
Why Are Goats Profitable?
- More goats, more profit- Much like the cow, this animal also has the ability to get pregnant and produce more goats. This once again allows for more animals to sell goods from, creating more profit in the long run.
- High selling prices- Up to this point the goat producing the highest selling items thus far on our list. With multiple selling options all across the board, you're sure to turn a large profit over time.
- Frequent production- Goats produce new milk every other day, allowing for frequent selling and profit of artisan goods.
How To Make Money With Goats?
- Sell large goat milk at a base value of 345g.
- Sell goat cheese at a base value of 400g.
- Sell max heart goat for 5,200g.
Soft, cuddly and great for extra cash.
Who doesn't love a good sheep? Sheep in Stardew Valley remain a fantastic way to increase your income and add value to your current property, with a variety of options on how to do it. With wool selling at a base value of 340g, with the help ofhappy sheep and certain professions you can complete the shearing process in just one day. With such a large amount of available wool, this is a huge way for you to grow all avenues of your farm, becoming richer and happier in the process.
Why Are Sheep Profitable?
- High selling goods- At high happiness the sheep produces wool on a three day basis, allowing for large quantities of goods and high selling prices with the possibility of one day production depending on happiness levels and profession.
- Choices in cash flow- With different options such as selling wool as is or looming wool to sell cloth, you have many options to turn a profit with this animal.
- High base value- If you are going for wool production alone, selling value starts at a base value of 340g. With enough time and patience you can rack up quite a large amount of money from sheep alone.
How To Make Money With Sheep?
- Sell wool at a base value of 340g.
- Make and sell cloth at a base value of 470g.
- Sell max heart sheep for 10,400g.
Fuzzy, fun friends.
Not only is she lucky, but she's quite a moneymaker too. The rabbit in Stardew Valley is a fantastic way to not only increase your luck, but also make a large profit. With a wool value of 340g every 4 days, occasional rabbit feet for a little extra luck and cash upon reaching a certain friendship level, and self-shearing to save you plenty of time, you simply can't go wrong. Artisan goods aplenty, luck galore, and a fantastic new way to make money on ashore with this wonderful animal.
Why Are Rabbits Profitable?
- Many options for profit- With many options such as selling wool, creating artisan goods, and the occasional rabbit's foot drop at high happiness and friendship level, this animal creates an easy and large amount of money for any player.
- High selling goods- With a wool base value of 340g, cloth value of 470g, and rabbit foot value of 565g this animal is an amazing way to turn a profit.
- No work required- This is a self shearing animal allowing you the player to quickly pick up goods to sell without the hassle of shearing each individual animal on goods giving days.
How To Make Money With Rabbits?
- Sell wool at a base value of 340g every 4 days.
- Options to sell rabbits foot once reaching high friendship and happiness with animals.
- Sell rabbit at max hearts for 10,400g.
For all you dino enthusiasts out there.
Now this one is probably the most fun item on our list. This creature is not to be trifled with, despite the fact that it can only be raised with a dinosaur egg. Each dinosaur egg sells for a great base value of 350g, with the additional option to create dinosaur mayonnaise for an astounding 800g, you are sure to never run out of funds with a farm full of these creatures. Do yourself a favor and find yourself a dinosaur egg today.
Why Are Dinosaurs Profitable?
- Hatched with dinosaur egg- Since this animal is hatched with eggs, raising this animal is a great way to save yourself money on buying while still producing goods for selling.
- High selling prices- With large values on selling goods from this animal, the player will receive great sums of money with fewer products needed.
- Base egg value of 350g- With such a high base value and a turnaround time of 7 days, with enough patience and eggs you are sure to create a large profit.
How To Make Money With Dinosaurs?
- Sell dinosaur eggs at a base value of 350g.
- Sell dinosaur mayonnaise for 800g.
- Sell dinosaur at max hearts for 1,300g.
3. Golden chicken
The chicken, but better.
Though we already have the beautiful chicken on our list, the golden chicken is in a much different league. The base value for chicken eggs is an amazing 500g, with the included turn-around time of one egg produced a day. With extra production of three mayonnaises, all selling for 285g with only one egg in your machines, this is truly one for the books. Though she may be small, she sure packs a punch. If you find yourself in the realm of the infamous golden chicken, do yourself a favor and take that chance.
Why Are Golden Chickens Profitable?
- High selling goods- Since this chicken is a specialty chicken unlike its regular counterpart goods sell for higher prices, allowing for a great turn in profit upon maturity.
- Base value egg price of 500g- At such a large price money troubles will be a thing of the past, allowing for large quantities of eggs, high selling days, and optimal money production into your account.
- Fast turnaround time- With a turn around time of only one day, you can produce a golden egg a day. That's 500g extra into your bank account everyday!
How To Make Money With Golden Chickens?
- Sell golden eggs as is for 500g.
- Sell 3 Mayonnaise at golden value for each production at 285g.
- Sell golden chicken for 1,040g.
A wild card for any good farm.
Another tough one to achieve, but worth it when you can. The ostrich, much like the dinosaur, is a creature that can be produced through an egg. With this in mind, it may be a little bit difficult to achieve your desired results, but with an egg base value of 600 g,I'd say it's well worth it. Though production time takes a large 7 days, with such a high base value and the ability to produce and sell 10 jars of mayonnaise with a single egg, the payoff is great. If you can get ahold of this beloved creature, do yourself a favor and make it happen.
Why Are Ostriches Profitable?
- Hatched from egg- Due to this animal only being hatched via an egg, this leads to a great way to save money on purchasing and make money on selling goods.
- High base value- At a base value of 600g per egg, you are sure to turn a large profit in selling quality goods.
- Large mayonnaise production- Each ostrich egg put into a mayonnaise machine will produce 10 mayonnaise at the same quality of the egg. This allows for a large profit every 7 days upon egg retrieval.
How To Make Money With Ostriches?
- Sell eggs at a base value of 600g every 7 days.
- Produce and sell 10 mayonnaise with a single egg.
- Sell ostrich for 20,800g.
The ultimate moneymaker.
At long last, we introduce our coveted number one spot, the pig. Though costly to gain, this is truly one you aren't going to want to exclude from your farm. With the production of truffles on a daily basis under good conditions, this is a fantastic way to make tons of money in a very short period of time. With truffles selling for a massive 625g at base value, truffle oil selling for 1,065g, and plenty of space, you will never be in the dumps again or without a large fortune. If you're going to invest in anything in this game, make it this beautiful creature.
Why Are Pigs Profitable?
- Multiple selling points - With the availability to sell truffles, make truffle oil, and sell animals as is, the pig creates a fantastic way to create money fast.
- Highest selling goods- At 625g base value per truffle, 1,065g for truffle oil, and a pig selling price of 20,800g you can create a massive profit with the pig.
- Fast production time- A mature pig with good conditions will produce a truffle every single day. This is the perfect recipe for creating goods and selling as is, allowing for large amounts of money in very short periods of time.
How To Make Money With Pigs?
- Sell truffles at a base value of 625g.
- Produce and sell truffle oil at a base value of 1,065g.
- Sell pig at max hearts for 20,800g.
If you didn't believe in Stardew's animal-raising jackpot before, I'm sure you do now. In the amazing world of Stardew Valley, we as players are so lucky to have so many options to choose from in terms of our careers. With so many artisan goods, loads of creative and interesting animals, and a simple bucket in hand, this aspect creates so many great options for taking your farm to the next level withinin-game life. Do yourself a favor today and invest in that barn or coop; it'll surely change your life for the better.
You May Also Be Interested In:
[Top 3] Stardew Valley Best Days To Propose
Stardew Valley Best Fishing Spots (Top 5)
[Top 15] Stardew Valley Best Farm Layouts(Video) All You Need to Know about Animals - Stardew Valley
Top 11 Games Like Stardew Valley (Games Better Than Stardew Valley In Their Own Way)
Stardew Valley Best Gifts For Each Person
[Top 10] Stardew Valley Best Animals
Stardew Valley Best Farms - Which To Choose
[Top 5] Stardew Valley Best Fruit Trees (And Why They're Great)
[Top 15] Stardew Valley Anime Mods Everyone Should Use
[Top 5] Stardew Valley Best Early Weapons (And How To Get Them)(Video) These Fish Ponds Will Change The Way You Play Stardew Valley
[Top 10] Stardew Valley Most Profitable Animal? ›
Pigs are easily considered to be one of the best animals in Stardew Valley. This is solely because of their ability to dig up Truffles. These Truffles are worth plenty of gold, and the more pigs players buy, the more truffles there are to sell!What is the best animal for profit in Stardew Valley? ›
Pigs are easily considered to be one of the best animals in Stardew Valley. This is solely because of their ability to dig up Truffles. These Truffles are worth plenty of gold, and the more pigs players buy, the more truffles there are to sell!What is the most profitable farm animal to raise? ›
Beef cattle are considered the most profitable livestock and easiest to raise for profit, but homesteaders with small acreage won't be able to raise cattle. Cattle, whether you want beef or dairy cattle, require plenty of good-quality pasture, supplemental hay, fresh water, room to roam, and veterinarian care.What is the most profit Stardew Valley? ›
Starfruit is, in many ways, both the most iconic and most profitable crop in Stardew Valley. It sells for a massive 750g, twice its buying price of 400g from the Oasis Shop, which must be unlocked by completing the Vault Community Center bundle.Are cows or goats more profitable Stardew? ›
Cows are more profitable than goats because you get two cheeses for each goat cheese. Pigs are better because iridium truffles sell for a lot and a happy pig can find more than one per day.Are ducks or goats better Stardew? ›
The answer is ducks. The reason is complicated. On the surface it would look like goats as goat cheese is extremely valuable and actually gains a lot of value when aged in a cask, but at end game it isn't just about ROI (return on investment, or how much you make vs how much it cost) but cost per square.Is ostrich worth it Stardew? ›
Owning an ostrich in Stardew Valley can be highly profitable for the player since they can make a lot of money from the ostrich. An ostrich egg takes approximately 9 to 10 days to hatch, and matures within a week.What is the highest paying roe in Stardew Valley? ›
Lava Eel Roe sells for a high price. Lava Eels will also produce Magma Geodes in the chum bucket, which can make you a healthy profit. You can take Magma Geodes to Clint the Blacksmith and have them opened for 25g each.What does 75% profit margin do in Stardew Valley? ›
Profit Margin refers to the amount of Gold you can make by selling items. In Stardew Valley, most of your Gold comes from growing and selling crops. By lowering the Profit Margin, you are lowering the amount you receive with each of your sales. This includes the creatures you capture via fishing in Stardew.How do you maximize profit on Stardew? ›
In general, making money in Stardew Valley mostly comes from planting and harvesting crops. Focusing on the specific crops that yield the best profits over the course of a season is the best way to invest in improving a player's farming level as well as their wealth.
What is a profitable farm animal? ›
1 - Cattle
With a massive market for beef in the U.S. and Canada, raising cattle is at the top of the list for livestock. Not only do you get a decent payout for each animal you raise, but cattle are remarkably low-maintenance.
A Dinosaur is a farm animal that can be hatched by placing a Dinosaur Egg into an Incubator in a Big Coop. A Dinosaur Egg takes approximately 12.5 days to incubate.Are dinosaurs worth it Stardew? ›
Money-wise, no. You can put a dinosaur egg or two in a chest somewhere you won't accidentally sell them, then sell all your dinosaurs. Void chickens and ducks are better money, and I assume rabbits are too... I like rabbits because they produce wool, which you can make into cloth.Are rabbits worth it Stardew? ›
They're possibly a good investment if you're trying to complete the Community Center and don't want to rely on the unreliable alternative sources for the Rabbit's Foot, or you really don't want to bother finding out what NPCs love.Do auto grabber work on truffles? ›
Auto-Grab Truffles will extend vanilla barn auto-grabber functionality to also work on truffles. And only truffles. Truffles are placed in an auto-grabber in the barn where the pig that found them is housed.Are golden chickens worth it Stardew? ›
Raising A Golden Chicken.
10 cows milking 85 lbs of milk at $21/cwt is $179/day in revenue.What is the easiest animal to farm? ›
If you have heard the term, chickens are the gateway to farming then you will understand why poultry are the ideal livestock for small acreage homesteading. Aside from raising chickens, ducks are a close second for many who enter this life. Poultry, without a doubt, are the easiest animals to raise on the homestead.Can a hobby farm be profitable? ›
Don't expect to make money.
While you may be able to make some money at farmer's markets and with local vendors, hobby farms are not typically money makers; they're simply too small. Much like the tip above, it's a labor of love.
It is recommended to either go for the Four Corners Farm, as it provides a little of everything and offers ample space for farming, or the Forest Farm, as its foraging and extra hardwood can be incredibly useful. You could also consider the Beach Farm if you're interested in a challenge.
What animal should I get first Stardew Valley? ›
The first option players should consider, according to research done by players on StardewValley.Fandom.Com, is the rabbit.What is the most efficient farm in Stardew Valley? ›
With all the tillable land that a Standard Farm brings, putting iridium sprinklers to use is the most efficient way to make use of that space, and farm as many profitable goods as possible. Putting barns and coops at the top of the map allows you to house livestock while keeping the focus on the crops.What is the most loved item in Stardew Valley? ›
There's no going wrong with a homegrown apple, peach, or other orchard fruit: Every villager likes them, without exceptions. Though they take patience to grow, fruit trees produce daily while in season, making them an excellent source of universally-liked gifts.Is the dog useful in Stardew Valley? ›
If the weather is good it can be found wandering your farm, mainly around its bowl, just North-West of your house. You can pet it and fill its water bowl daily, and eventually you will get the two-heart message “[Pet] loves you”, which counts towards one of the points at Grandpa's Shrine.What is the biggest farm in Stardew Valley? ›
Only one map can be chosen when starting a new game, and cannot be changed once selected. The Standard Farm offers the most space to plant crops and raise animals. The other six farms lack farming area, but offer special perks in comparison: The Riverland Farm encourages Fishing.What should I sell in the beginning of Stardew Valley? ›
Gold- and silver-quality crops sell for more than the base sell price, so you should definitely sell them early on before you can craft them into anything better. This will likely be your main source of income in the first year of the game. However, you should absolutely hang on to base-quality crops.What to do with blobfish stardew? ›
Blobfish can be placed in a Fish Pond, where they will reproduce every 4 days. The initial pond capacity is 1 fish, but the capacity can be increased to 10 by completing four quests. The primary output is beige Blobfish Roe, but more valuable items are possible starting at population 9.What to do with Lava Eel stardew? ›
What To Do With a Lava Eel in Stardew Valley. As one of the most valuable fish in Stardew Valley, the Lava Eel would be wasted if used in any of the recipes that can use any fish, like the Maki Roll, Quality Fertilizer, or Sashimi. Instead, the Eel is best either sold directly, or used in a Fish Pond.How much is 1 g worth in Stardew Valley? ›
1g in stardew valley is 5 cents rounded up. This also means 1 strawberry is worth 6$ in stardew valley, I think.Who is the most profitable spouse in Stardew Valley? ›
1. Abigail Is the Best Wife In Stardew Valley. When it comes to Stardew Valley, Abigail is undeniably the best potential marriage partner.
How much is 6000 minutes in Stardew Valley? ›
It'll turn into Caviar in 6,000 in-game minutes, or four in-game days.How to be a millionaire in Stardew Valley? ›
- 12 Fishing.
- 11 Foraging.
- 10 Farming Mixed Seeds.
- 9 Tree Tapping.
- 8 Crops That Keep Producing.
- 7 Artisanal Goods.
- 6 Raising Chickens.
- 5 Gems And Crystalariums.
For any other crops it is cheaper to buy seeds than to use a crop for replant/seed maker. Pure ancient fruit is by far the most profitable option overall at 19635g per tile per year (52% more profitable than the second option). Strawberry / hops / cranberry is the second best option at 12908g per tile per year.What are the best fall profits Stardew? ›
Most Valuable Fall Crop: Sweet Gem Berry
The sweet gem berry grows during fall and is technically the most profitable crop in Stardew Valley. It grows from rare seeds purchased from the Traveling Cart, usually costing between 600-1,000g.
Like the other comment said, ducks are the best if you want to make cash from your incubator. However, a chicken's per-day profit from eggs is actually a bit higher than a duck's - but the duck needs you to pick stuff up only half as often, so it's a tradeoff there. (The balance between cow and goat is similar.)Do Chickens make money Stardew? ›
Based on this information, chickens are the best animals for the coop to make a profit. While other products sell for more, they do not produce every single day like a chicken does. With all this in mind, the most profitable coop is one that is full of chickens with an artisan farmer.Are dinosaurs worth it Stardew Valley? ›
If you want earn more money, just one dinosaur is enough. Money-wise, no. You can put a dinosaur egg or two in a chest somewhere you won't accidentally sell them, then sell all your dinosaurs. Void chickens and ducks are better money, and I assume rabbits are too...What is the best resource to sell in Stardew Valley? ›
Gold- and silver-quality crops sell for more than the base sell price, so you should definitely sell them early on before you can craft them into anything better. This will likely be your main source of income in the first year of the game. However, you should absolutely hang on to base-quality crops.What is the most effective Stardew farm? ›
The four corners farm is the best farm type in Stardew Valley. Though there are benefits to some of the other farm types in Stardew Valley, the four corners farm is the best. From a money-focused perspective, the only good choices for farms in Stardew Valley are the standard farm and four corners farm.What is the most profitable first year Stardew Valley? ›
Aside from the Rare Seed which can cost a fortune from the Traveling Cart in Stardew Valley, Eggplant is the best bet for those looking to make a profit in their first Fall.
How much money do cows make Stardew Valley? ›
|Produce||Milk Large Milk|
Unlike chicken eggs, Ostrich Eggs produce Mayonnaise in the same quality as the egg. This is the only way to obtain a silver quality or iridium quality Mayonnaise. Golden Eggs produce 3 jars of Mayonnaise at gold quality at once, regardless of the quality of the eggs used.